France is one of the best places to study abroad for your degree as it will expose you to its rich culture, architecture, and thriving student life. As an international student studying in France, you have the opportunity to learn the language (French) and also gain cultural perspective. There are several Scholarship programs that international students who wish to study in France can enjoy, this scholarships are offered by most universities in France and even by the government of France.
Financial constraints have been a major hindrance to most international students especially those from developing countries. Hence the need for scholarship programs to create financial aids in order for highly qualified students to complete their studies.
1.) Ampère Excellence (Scholarships for International Students)
Ampère Excellent offers scholarship program to reward excellent international students, they’re given the opportunity to pursue one of the eligible Masters programs offered at ENS de Lyon in France. The field of study is on Masters Degree Progammes and they’re centered around Sciences, Arts , Human and Social Sciences. The worth of this scholarship is €1,000 per month for 1 year. However, It is renewable in the 2nd year provided the candidate is selected by the head of the Masters program and validates the Masters Year 1.
To be eligible for this scholarship,
- The student must be a foreign national and must be 26 years maximum.
- For a 1 year Mater’s, candidate must provide proof of Licence (equivalent to 180 ECTS European credits) or an equivalent diploma/level.
- For Masters Year 2, the candidate must provide proof of successfully completion of Masters Year 1 level
You can access the application form and other information on how to apply for this scholarship on the school’s official website.
2.) Eiffel Scholarships (For International Students)
Eiffel Scholarship Program was created by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs. This scholarship program will enable future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and countries at PhD level. The host Institutions for this program are French Universities and Academic Institutions.
Programs offered are:
- Master’s degree program
- Engineering program
- Joint doctoral program.
The programme covers various expenses including international air travel, train travel within France, local transportation, health insurance, and cultural activities. There is an additional allowance for holders.
This scholarship programme is limited to candidates of non-French nationality, thus candidates with two nationalities are not eligible.
The age criteria for master’s level must be 25 years old or less at the time of the 2022 while At PhD level, candidates must be at most 30 years old during the application 2022
Note that only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted.
When applying, students are not permitted to submit their applications directly. This EIFFEL scholarships applications are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions.
Other scholarships you should check out:
- Best Scholarships for International Students in Belgium
- Top Scholarship Programs Around The World
- DAAD Scholarship 2022 Fully Funded – Study in Germany
3.) ENS (International Selection Scholarships)
École Normale Supérieure yearly organizes an international selection allowing the most promising international students in Science or in Arts & Humanities, to follow a Masters Degree at the University. The scholarship is in ten positions each in Sciences and in Arts & Humanities. The scholarship is a monthly grant of 1,000 Euros for 3 years and a room on one of the ENS campuses.
- Applicants must be below 26 during application
- They must not have applied to the International Selection before.
- The applicant must not have lived in France for over 10 months during the academic year of the selection
- An evidence of one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university (outside France)
- A proof of at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university (outside France), following admission.
To access the application form and other information on how to apply for this scholarship on the school’s official website.
4.) Emile Boutmy (Scholarships for Non-EU Students at Sciences Po)
Emile Boutmy program was created to attract the very best international students from outside of the European Union who are first time applicants for the scholarship program, this students must also have been admitted into an Undergraduate program or Master’s in Emile Boutmy.
Emile Boutmy Undergraduate Programme takes different forms ranging from €3,000 to €12,300 for 3 years of undergraduate study, and for exceptional basis, a scholarship of €19,000 may be granted to cover the three years of College. The Master’s Programme also takes different forms;€10,000 per year to cover tuition fees for the two years of the Masters or €5,000 each year during the entire Masters program
- First time Applicants are the eligible students.
- They must be from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and must have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
- Excellence is the basis of this scholarship and also according to the type of profile sought for this programme.
From the Financial Information section, the students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile-Boutmy scholarship.
Provide details of Proof income and documents explaining your family situation.
Kindly ensure you visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.