Scholarship for class 11th and 12th aims at giving financial helping hands to students from socio-economically weaker sections in getting quality higher education. Poor education is the root problem of why the system of India is so dilapidated. We always curse the system. Still, if we all start taking the small initiatives, then we can see the change we want, this is possible when we hold each other’s hand and walk together to make a way towards a better country where the education system is rate highly, and the citizens are fully responsible for their duties.
However, it should be assumed that the root cause of all problems is probably a faulty and weaker education system, as that’s the basic cause. The State Government, as well as the central Government, has started taking the initiative to teach the students by giving scholarships or to support the students by way of rewards or offering some sort of financial support. When a student passes, class 10 is often taken out of school, and boys are forced to work in shops or like laborers, whereas girls are married off.
Though India is a developing country, some practices are obstacle when we think of development and betterment. So in this article, we will get to know about some of the best scholarships that will be applicable for the students who are in class 11. These can save many futures and help in the betterment of everyone.
List of Scholarship for class 11th and 12th Students
Below are scholarship opportunities available for class of 11th and 12th students;
- Pre Matric Scholarship and Post Matric Scholarship for Other Backward Class students, Delhi
- Yales Young Global Scholars
- National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement
- Pre-matric and Post matric Scholarship for Scheduled Caste Students
- Aussie Essay Writing Contest
- CSIR Innovation Award for School Children
- Ryan merit cum means scholarship
- NASA Ames Space Settlement Contest
- APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship IGNITE Awards
- Tata Building India Online Essay Competition
Pre and Post Matric Scholarship for Other Backward Class students
It will interest you to know that this scholarship is offered particularly by the Delhi government only for OBC students who reside in Delhi. The sole objective of this scholarship is to provide education to those who are financially unstable and poor.
Eligibility for Pre and Post Matric Scholarship
The below conditions must be attained to count yourself worthy of this opportunity;
- Pre-matric and post-matric students have to fall in the OBC category.
- A resident of Delhi and a student of any recognized board.
- For pre-matric, a family earning must be below INR 2,50,000.
- For post-matric, a family earning must be below INR 1,00,000.
The reward changes from year to year.
Pre-matric and Post-matric Scholarship for Scheduled Caste Students
Consider that the Pre-matric and Post matric Scholarship for Scheduled Caste Students is not scholarships for class 11th and 12th but a scholarship initiative taken up by the Department for the Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes community of the society.
Also Check: MIT Academic Excellence Scholarship-2022
Note This: This scholarship is basically designed for students studying class 9 till the level of post-graduation. The motto of this scholarship scheme is to support the students who are not having a strong financial background or belonging to a backward community. This is a motivation for such students to study for higher education.
Eligibility for Pre-matric and Post-matric Scholarship
Below are eligible conditions an applicant must attain in order to grab this opportunity
- The student who wants to participate must belong to the Scheduled Caste community.
- The family income of the student must not be more than INR 250000 annually.
- The student must be in class 9 to class 10 for applying to the pre-matric scholarship.
- The student must be in class 11, class 12, diploma, graduation, and post-graduation courses for applying to the pre-matric scholarship.
- No other scholarships can be clubbed with this scholarship.
- The reward for the day scholar student will be INR 225, and the hosteller student will be given INR 750 monthly for 10 months.
- INR 525 for day scholars and INR 1000 for hostellers will be the grant of the books and ad-hoc.
Yales Young Global Scholars for Class 11th and 12th
It’s pertinent to also note that Yales Young Global scholar is a scholarship for students all across the globe from the age of 15 to 17 years. All can apply and get their tuition fees fully reimbursed.
Criteria for Yales Young Global Scholars for Class 11th and 12th
Below are eligible conditions that must be met by applicants of this opportunity;
- Age bracket must be between 15 to 17 years.
- The participant is expected to have more than 2 years before passing out from high school.
- All countries can apply to this scholarship, although they have to be in the USA while applying for this scholarship.
It will be shocking to know that there’s reimbursement of 100% tuition fees as a reward for the winner.
National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement
Nevertheless, the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement is an educational package from the Ministry of Women and Child Development undertaken by the Government of India. Note: This is only for the students whose age is more than 5 years and less than 18 years. This is a national level scholarship that looks for exceptional talent and excellence in the student and rewards them for encouraging that talent to see its brighter light.
Below are eligible criteria for the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement
- The participants must be residents of India extraction
- The age limit to apply must be from 5 to 18 years.
- Innovation is the key to scholarship.
- The fields of innovation can be any such as the top position in maths for 2 consecutive years, art, sports, culture, music, social science, and many more. The field can be anything that deserves to be appreciated and encouraged.
- For Rank 1- Gold medal of 20gms + prize money INR 20000 + a certificate + citation with a book voucher of INR 10000
- For the next 35 ranks- silver medals of 50gms + INR 10000 + a Certificate + book vouchers of INR 3000 + a personal award.
Ryan merit cum means scholarship-Scholarship for class 11th and12th
More importantly, Ryan merit cum means scholarship is an exam for the students of class 8- class 12, this aim of this scholarship is towards helping the underprivileged students who deserve to study but having a lack of financial assistance just as Scholarship for class 11th and12th.
Criteria for Application
Below are eligible conditions to apply for this scholarship
- Class 8 to class 12 students can take part.
- At least 80% of the marks have to be scored in the last exam has to be
- Family income has to be maximum INR200000 to be eligible.
- There will be a selection of 10 students.
- All the 10 students will be awarded INR 10000 each.
NASA Ames Space Settlement Contest- Scholarship for class 11th and12th
More so, NASA Ames Space Settlement Contest is a deliberate initiative targeting at inculcating the idea to develop space settlement designs and other ideas related to that subject matter. This contest is for the students of class 7 to class 12.
Eligibility NASA Ames Space Settlement Contest- Scholarship for class 11th and12th
The following below are eligible criteria for NASA Ames Space Settlement Contest;
- Students from class 7 to class 12 are all eligible.
- Students irrespective of their nationality can apply for this scholarship.
- Individuals, small teams require 2-5 members; large teams need to have a minimum of 6 members to be eligible.
- Every winner is entitled to get a NASA certificate and the grand prize.
- The grand prize will be given to the group, which has the best submission.
- The best submission will be published on the website of the NASA Ames WWW site.
- The best team will be awarded $3000 and the award of NSS Bruce M.clark and junior Memorial space settlement.
- For the teams, the won scholarship amount will be divided equally among the team members.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards- Scholarship for class 11th and12th
The National Innovation Foundation has organized this award for the students who are yet to complete high school, and their age is not more than 17 years. This is in a way of mitigating the fall in number of educated children in the globe.
Eligible criteria for Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards
Mind you, the below conditions must be met for you to be awarded with this opportunity;
- An applicant must be a student of any class till class 12
- The age limit is 17 years at maximum.
- The train and travel expenses will be rewarded back to the student.
- The project that has won the exam will be awarded and exhibited.
CSIR Innovation Award for School Children- Scholarship for class 11th and12th
This particular award is given out in order to motivate the student to encourage science and innovation in the upcoming generations. CISR stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, this initiative of awarding innovation award has been taken by the Council of Scientific and Innovation Research under the Government of India. For you to win, you must participate and also be below 18 years of age to be considered.
Conditions for Application
For you to win this educational opportunity, the following criteria below must be met.
- On the 1st of January, the age of the student must be below 18 years.
- Individuals and groups are eligible.
- One innovation can be done and registered by one group or individual.
- There are 15 rewards given to the winning team or person.
- The winner is only one. He gets rewarded with INR 100000 each.
- There will be two students having the second prize with INR 50000 each.
- Three will get the third prize of INR 30000 each.
- Four will get the fourth prize of INR 20000 each.
- Five will get the fifth prize of INR 10000 each.
Tata Building India Online Essay Competition- Scholarship for class 11th and12th
In order to motivate the Indian youth as the hope of tomorrow, Tata group has put in consideration the Tata Building India online competition. Young leaders who have the potential to bring some relevant change are hereby advised to boldly come and showcase their respective talents.
Below are compulsory qualities to be met by participants of this noble competition;
- Students of India are eligible to participate.
- Classes from class 6 to class 12 are allowed to apply.
Scholarship Benefits- Scholarship for Class 11th and 12th
- National level winners- 1 laptop each as grand rewards.
- Other winners, as well as runner ups, get rewards like MP3 player, Digicam, Handycam along with trophy and certificate.
Aussie Essay Writing Contest- Scholarship for class 11th and12th
This is a competition that is taken on essay writing. This opportunity is basically designed for creative talents, that is; students who are talented in drafting deep and thoughtful articles for public consumption. Mind you, this is not to bring comparison among them but to encourage those who have innate ability writers to write and express more magically.
Below are necessary criteria for you to apply for this opportunity;
- There is no age group. All age students can apply.
- The criteria are to have a passion for writing.
- The winner gets AUD 1000
- Runner up is rewarded with AUD 800.
- The second runner up gets AUD 600.
Step by Step Guide on How to Renew the Existing Scholarships
Certainly, there is duration of every scholarship applicable to its winners at a point in time which varies from one scholarship to another but the process of renewal remains the same.
You must consider that the process of renewing the form remains the same. It is a simple task that requires concentration and focus because the faults you make there might lead to rejection and as well the termination of the scholarship for the rest of the time. In this case, one is advised to be very careful while filling the renewal application form and also must check it twice or more before submitting it.
For a flawless form filling, below are step by step guide to follow for the renewal of your scholarship;
- Before you start filling the scholarship renewal form, make sure your attendance in the last academic year is at least 75% because that’s the basic criteria of being eligible for renewing the scholarship.
- Search for the official website of the scholarship.
- Start filling your scholarship renewal form once you have collected all the required documents that you will need while giving the data in the form.
- Log in to the official website using your login credentials.
- Check the notifications for the recent updates or changes, if any.
- You are now ready to fill up your application form using your original documents and application ID.
- Once you finish the filing up of the form, you must check your form twice or thrice so that there remains no chance of mistake or error. Make sure all the information is true.
- Now you can submit your form by clicking the submit button right at the bottom of the page.
- Do not refresh the page before it finishes the submission to avoid any sort of mistake or negligence on your part, as all these might lead to the cancellation of your form.
- Check the online status of your form from the dashboard of the site.
- Now take the print out of the form that you have filled up for scholarship renewal as it will be the reference in the future
We advise you also make your own research online to serve as an additional tip to what we have presented to you.