The MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship is an amazing opportunity brought to you by Massachusetts Institute of Technology for outstanding students who deserve to be awarded especially the talented international students in the institute.
Let’s take you by the hands and walk you through,
However, the MIT Academic achievement scholarship is here and targets the international students who are studying in the institution to as a matter of urgency, apply for this scholarship. More so, applying for Academic achievement scholarship is easy just as the selection process is quiet transparent and merit based.
Furthermore, Academic achievement scholarship is an opportunity to be seized by international students already admitted in the school as a full time student.
Aim of the MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship
It’s certainly clear that Melbourne Institute of Technology (MIT)’s Academic Achievement Scholarship has their primary motive for this announcement. And the purpose is to attract outstanding students of the institution and to encourage and certainly nurture continuous development of talent in the field of Business and Information Technology and Engineering.
As an applicant of academic achievement scholarship, you must know that the scholarship is awarded on merit basis and is available each trimester.
Criteria for MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship
It will interest you to know that for you to be eligible to apply for MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship, the following criteria below must be attainable by the applicant;
- Be an international student enrolled as a full time student in the trimester to which the benefit would apply;
- Have IELTS (academic) result with an overall score of 7.0 with no band less than 6.5. Documentary evidence of a current (test date within two years of date of application) IELTS certification must accompany the application;
- Have completed at least (a minimum) of two trimesters full-time as per course requirements of the program at MIT;
- Have achieved an average overall percentage of 75.0% or more, with no individual result below 70.0% in the preceding trimester and have no fail grades recorded (no exceptions will be considered);
- Not be sponsored by other organizations or governments
- Have a minimum attendance record of 80% in all scheduled classes;
- Student submission – Each application must be accompanied by a 500-800 words essay outlining why receipt of the scholarship is important;
- Have made the fee payment for the subsequent trimester’s full-time enrolment.
- Have submitted a completed application form before the closing date
- Have maintained enrolment in the course in which they commenced.
MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship Application Process
We are to understand that interview will certainly be granted to those applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria. You are to as well understand that this kind of interview, stands for two reasons.
- The First purpose is to verify the information provided by applicants as the scholarship is based on merit.
- The second one is to allow for a verbal communication assessment of the applicant. Effective and easily understood verbal communication/public speaking remains an added advantage to be seriously considered an all-round MIT scholar. Mind you, applicants who do not pass at the interview stage can’t be considered.
Scoring/ Rating of Applicants for MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship
For you to be rated, you must certify with the following conditions issued by the MIT Scholarships’ Committee and they are;
- Applicants who pass the interview process will be rated using a scoring method. The scoring method will be determined by the MIT Scholarships’ Committee and approved by the Executive Management Committee (EMT). EMT shall review the scoring method annually.
- Applications will be ranked by score and scholarships awarded according to a strict order of merit. When scores are the same and there are insufficient scholarships the Scholarship Committee will determine allocation on merit.
Applications can only be considered by the Scholarships Committee
Hint: We had stated above that MIT Academic achievement scholarship can only be gotten through merit based. Therefore, students previously ineligible for this scholarship do not automatically become eligible as a consequence of any individual result being amended as the outcome of an appeal or review. So be guided to put min the best effort to attain the criteria’s involved.
Appeal the final decision of the MIT scholarship committee
However, it’s important you note that there is no right of appeal if an applicant become unsuccessful in the scholarship selection process since the decision of the MIT Scholarship committee is final.
Benefits of MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship
Like the term “opportunity” those who embrace it, smiles unlimited. Below are the benefits of this scholarship;
- Successful applicants who are finally awarded the Academic achievement scholarship will receive a one-off payment equivalent to 30% of the tuition fee for the trimester in which the student is enrolled.
- A maximum of 5scholarships in each School will be awarded for each trimester.
No Transfer Privilege for Winners of MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship Program
Consider the fact that the directive of Academic achievement scholarship is paramount and must be followed duly. Therefore, a specified campus has been mapped out for the scholarship which automatically made it not transferable to another campus in the school.
Furthermore, If you are a student of MIT and have not received a discount on your tuition fee apply for this Scholarships. MIT academic achievement scholarship has made it available to students who have not received any other financial consideration from the institute.
Eligible Program for MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship
The academic achievement scholarship is made available to eligible students who enrolled in the following MIT programs below:
|Undergraduate program||Bachelor of Business |
Bachelor of Networking
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Telecommunications)
Bachelor of Data Analytics
|Postgraduate program||Master of Professional Accounting |
Master of Networking
Master of Engineering (Telecommunications)
Master of Business Analytics
Application Process for this Scholarship
Again, these conditions must be met by applicants:
- Applicants will be required to complete the Scholarship Form in addition to the normal program Application Form.
- Applications will only be considered if the applicant fulfils ALL the eligibility criteria (as stated above); submits the application before the closing date; and has made the fee payment for the subsequent trimester full-time enrolment.
- The same process must be repeated for any subsequent trimester scholarship application for renewal (where applicable).
Closing Dates for MIT Academic Achievement Program
As a matter of importance, you must know that applications for Academic Achievement scholarship must be lodged by 4.30pm on the Friday of the week immediately before the classes start in the subsequent trimester. Anything one does after the stipulated period is at his/her on peril and entirely doesn’t concern MIT Scholarships’ Committee.
Final Result of this Scholarship
Mind you, the scholarship outcome is solely for those who are awarded the scholarship. Therefore all the students who receive an official offer of a scholarship from the Institute will receive a bank cheque for the value of the Scholarship. The more reason you should listen and follow up with scholarship condition.
Students Code of Conduct
For transparency to be maintained for the Scholarship during the academic year, students are clearly advised to enroll as a MIT student during the academic year. Enrolling as MIT student during the academic year will not only influence your eligibility but will also make you be in good academic standing at the Institute.
More importantly, been a scholar in the institute, you are a member of the Institute community and are expected to comply with all laws, Institute’s policies, campus regulations and conducting yourself in ways that support a scholarly environment. Conclusively, in the tenure of your Scholarship, you must be guided by the MIT Campus Code of Student Conduct which you can view and possibly download at www.mit.edu.au/files/documents/MIT_melb_students_handbook.pdf.
Reading of the Terms and Conditions and Correspondence of this Scholarship
It’s in the interest of the applicants of academic achievement scholarship that the below clarifications are made;
- The scholarship terms and conditions are as stated herein and MIT will not accept any inferred interpretation not contained herein.
- For fair administration of the Scholarships, communication between the scholarship applicants and MIT must be in writing and addressed to the Chair, Scholarship Committee.
- Communication that is conducted through channels other than those stated in item 11.2 above shall be deemed as invalid and will not be considered.
Academic Achievement Scholarship Committee Members
Let’s delve into the MIT scholarship committee protocols below;
- Chair – Group General Manager
- Members – Head of School Business, Head of School Information Technology & Engineering and the Executive Dean
- Last updated: August 30, 2021
- Date of Review: March 23, 2023
Documents in the Scholarship Program
We urge you to carefully read this post line by line for accurate comprehension.
Therefore, applying for this scholarship, you are expected to follow up this application through this link MIT Academic Achievement Scholarship Checklist