The Famu Presidential Special Scholarship program is possibly a merit based scholarship for high school graduates. These targeted individuals do have special talents in line with outside classroom setting. Their diverse nature made them unique to attract this opportunity.
Famu Presidential Special Scholarship Coverage
However, it’s pertinent to note that the Famu Presidential Special Scholarship will cover fees associated with tuition, minus the postal fee and the orientation fee or charges associated with room and board.
See Also: Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2022
Below criteria must be met and be noted by the winners of the Famu Presidential Special Scholarship.
- You must consider that students of this scholarship are eligible to receive an award for a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
- A student must maintain enrollment in the degree program under which this award was made.
- Students may not change majors.
- A student must enroll in fifteen (15) credit hours per semester.
- Awards are not made during the summer term.
Note This: Students who are seeking initial funding will:
- Earn a standard U.S. high school diploma or its equivalency (unless the student completes a home education program or earns a high school diploma from a non-US high school while living with a parent who is on military or public service assignment away from the US).
- Have 1220 on the redesigned SAT or a 27 on the ACT. Must earn a 600 on the SAT math section or 27 on the ACT Math subject area.
- Have a 3.5 FAMU recalculated GPA or better(pursuant to F.S. 6.002 and 1003.437)
- Earn a minimum score of 76 on the ALEKS Math exam for Engineering, Physical, Life, Natural and Computer Sciences majors. All others must earn at least a 61 on the ALEKS Math exam.
- Be college-ready (no remediation or remedial courses)
Check Also: https://www.loginmill.com/top-20-best-paying-jobs-in-energy-in-2022/
Eligibility for renewal of the Famu Presidential Special Scholarship can only be decided at the end of each semester. For automatic renewal, an award recipient must comply with the below policies of the University Scholarship program:
- Enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester.
- You cannot drop or withdraw from a course(s) after the official university drop and add period has ended (see University Registrar’s calendar).
- Earn a “C” or better in all courses each semester. If you do not earn a “C” or better in each course, the scholarship will be terminated.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or better at the end of each semester.
- Applicants must maintain the academic program at time of admission (you cannot change your major or degree program).
- You must enroll in degree program required courses each semester (must follow academic map).
- Validated (submission of verification documents) and completed FAFSA on file in the FAMU Office of Financial prior to January 1.
- Earn 22 hours of community service at the end of each semester (must be documented in iSTRIKE via the Office of Student Activities)
- Winners of this scholarship must participate in the scholarship activities (President’s Convocation, Scholar’s Speaker Series, etc.,).
- Freshmen are required to visit the office bi-weekly and to participate in study and tutorial sessions.
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors are required to visit the office bi-weekly and to participate in study and tutorial sessions.
- Failure to comply with the above conditions or other policies of the University Scholarship Program will result in the loss (termination) of your scholarship.
- Note, loss of scholarship (termination) will not be reinstated at a later date. Freshman year only (cumulative grade point average reviewed at the end of the spring semester)
More so, we advise you visit the official website for more information on this topic.
Hint: Certainly, there’s a limit to this Famu Presidential Special Scholarship Award. This Awards will be completely made based on merit from the competitiveness of the current pool of candidates and until funds are exhausted.
Read Also: MIT International Excellence Scholarship – 2022
Also Note: candidates that require remedial coursework or developmental education will not be awarded with the Famu Presidential Special scholarship.