What is car insurance?
Basic personal car insurance is mandatory in most states and offers you some financial protection in the event of an accident. But is this enough? What are the options? Find out how auto insurance works and the types of coverage available.
Britam Insurance in Tanzania
- Insure your car with Britam auto insurance coverage
- car insurance
While driving your car, you should know that you are protected in case anything happens to you. Even better, you need to know that your car will be well maintained in case something should happen while you are driving. Our vehicle insurance coverage helps protect you and your vehicle. How do we ensure your safety and maintenance of your vehicle?
We provide you with financial protection against bodily/bodily injury arising from the ownership and/or use of motorized vehicles and against liability that may arise from their use. Our vehicle insurance cover can be used to protect both private and commercial vehicles. What does our coverage mean?
- Comprehensive insurance is car insurance that protects you, your vehicle and third parties from all potential risks.
- Covers a wide range of events that can damage your vehicle, including vandalism, fires and rockslides on twisty mountain roads.
- This cover promises complete protection. We will do our best to provide you with the perfect coverage to protect your vehicle from financial obligations arising from unforeseen emergencies.
What does comprehensive car insurance cover?
Other than damage to your car as a result of a collision, comprehensive insurance also covers damages caused by:
- Natural disasters (eg hurricane or hurricane)
- Falling Objects
- Damage to your car by animals
- Civil disturbances (such as riots that damage or destroy your vehicle)
- If the vehicle is stolen, caught on fire or damaged
- In damages caused by natural disasters.
- Free windshield cover and theft audio and video accessories
- Spare wheel cover, lever and free tool box
- Free accident protection, recovery and towing cover
- No Claims Discount – Up to 60% increase depending on the number of no claims years
- Full screen technology fee discount upon renewal
- Flexible repayment rates and terms
- Covering damage to vehicles in the custody of the car dealer or garage
- Geographical scope – Kenya but can be expanded to other East African countries upon request
- Authority for emergency repairs up to the agreed limit
Motorized commercial vehicles
Commercial auto insurance is the collective name used to describe all the different types of policies for different types of vehicles companies use for commercial purposes including trucks, vans, minibuses, trucks, tippers and heavy goods vehicles HGVs.
Fleet insurance also covers companies that use two or more vehicles.
- Private Cargo Vehicle Insurance – is for individuals and commercial companies who use commercial vehicles to transport their goods that are part of the business.
- General Transport Vehicle Insurance – intended for individuals and commercial companies who use commercial vehicles for rental and rewards.
What is covered?
- Vehicle damage as a result of the accident
- car theft
The vehicle was damaged as a result of an accidental fire
- Damage to property of others
- Physical harm to third parties
- Damage to the car accessories that were declared when purchasing the policy
- The legal fees involved are incurred with the permission of the insurance company
- They will repair your vehicle / or pay cash if the vehicle is lost or damaged
- Shall proceed with the settlement of claims arising from third party bodily injury and third party property damage
- Will take care of any expenses incurred in processing claims, including appointing an attorney to represent you in court in connection with third party claims
Third party hood
They provide two types of third party insurance covers
- Third Party, Fire and Theft (TP&FT)
- Third Party Only (TPO)
The main difference between them is the scope of coverage enjoyed by the insured party, where the minimum legal requirement is TPO. This insured covers liability arising from damage to other persons and injuries caused by the insured vehicle in the use for which it was insured.
This liability is the most common insurance claim; It arises from small to medium road accidents where the insured is:
- Damage to other people’s property such as the vehicles or buildings
- Death or injury to pedestrians or the public
- Death or injury of passengers.
- Please note that this type of insurance only protects the interests of third parties, not your own.